The Research and 发展税收抵免 is often overlooked, but it can provide enormous benefits to companies that recognize its potential. Typically, organizations claim less tax benefit than they’re entitled to or, 更糟糕的是, believe they don’t qualify because research and development isn’t their main business. In addition to the federal tax credits, many states have enacted generous credit programs, and some are refundable even if you haven’t paid taxes.
Marcum has helped our clients save more than 2亿美元 使用研究 & 发展税收抵免.
R&D Credits Available in Marcum Office Regions*
*States have unique qualifying limitations.
行业 where we’ve helped clients claim the credit
- Business and Professional Services
- 消费品(食品 & 饮料、大麻、零售 & 服装、艺术 & 娱乐)
- 金融网上买彩票平台(Fintech, 另类投资, 经纪商/交易商, 金融机构, 保险)
- 制造业 & (能量分布 & Utilities, 制造业/Wholesale/分布, Transportation)
- 技术 & 生命科学(数据 & Analytics, Software Development)
What types of activities qualify?
- Investing in resources for new or improved products.
- Investing to develop new or improved manufacturing or service processes.
- Investing in software and software-related technology – i.e., Artificial Intelligence, financial modeling, fin-tech applications, security protocols, and more.
- Efforts to improve manufacturing efficiency, 减少废, and implement techniques like “lean,” “green,”“改善,”和“看板.”
- Owning existing patents or patents pending.